ONLINE Advanced Product Owner Training
- Next Date: 07 Dec 2020 - 08 Dec 2020
- Price: 790 EUR + VAT / participant
- Early price: 690 EUR + VAT / participant, when paid until 09 Nov 2020
- CET time: 9:00-17:00
- Duration: 2 days
|MO||07 Dec 2020||9:00-17:00|
|TU||08 Dec 2020||9:00-17:00|
Andrea Török is an Agile consultant, trainer and coach at Sprint Consulting. She has 10+ years of experience in leading and working with teams and has worked as a Product Owner for around 4 years. During this experience she realized that there is no bigger power than a great team. This realization led her on a journey to find better ways on helping to empower individuals and teams alike, experience the power of collaboration and teamwork.
The Product Owner has a key and very complex role in Scrum. Way more than just a writer of User Stories, the role has full business responsibility for the product from budget to profitability via content and scheduling. In order to ensure product success, the Product Owner needs to understand customer value, and accumulate a wide range of communication, prioritization and planning skills.
This course starts with reviewing the basics of the role and then focuses on advanced topics in detail, arming attendees with a new set of tools to help them become real owners of their product and help them prepare and maintain good quality, well ordered product backlogs that are in line with business vision and goals.
The Product Owner role is in the focus of the course, but it is beneficial for anyone who works with requirements, user stories, roadmaps, vision, business goals: product managers, business analysts, technical architects, business managers, scrum masters and even development team members.
A strong understanding of the Scrum framework is required to be able to participate in this course. This means that participating in Sprint Consulting’s 2-day Scrum / Agile Elevation Training is a mandatory prerequisite for this event in cca 95% of the cases. Participating in the 2-day training can be substituted by reaching at least 80% on a test based on the course material.
The material is divided into 4 modules. During each module, the trainer will guide you through lectures, real life stories and exercises that help you connect the material to your existing knowledge, learn new concepts and experience these concepts through practice. Starting from the basics, by the end of the course you will learn advanced agile requirement engineering and management techniques.
- The Product Owner role
- Scaling of the role
- Planning Onion – six layers of planning in Agile
- Introduction to Requirement Engineering
- Writing good User Stories
- Splitting User Stories
- Product Vision
- Value Proposition Canvas
- Business Model Canvas – the Agile Business Plan
- Personas – understanding users better
- Product Roadmap
- Ordering the Product Backlog
- Release Planning
- Impact Mapping – connecting Deliverables to Business Goals
- Story Mapping – upgrading the basic Product Backlog
- Big Wall – upfront estimation in Agile
- Handout (English) will be provided for the participants in PDF.
- The online tool used for this training is Zoom. We’ll send a unique link for each participant before the training and provide the necessary technical information at least 24 hours before the training starts. The precondition for participation and receiving the link is that the training fee arrives at least 2 days prior to the training.
- Precondition for participation is a camera-enabled connection and internet.
- Each online module takes 3.5 – 4 hours.